Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 09:48:30 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith), kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /stand/ee

> Learning vi is one of those things you have to do to admin an unix box.
> If command line editing and mode based editors isn't your thing there
> are other OS's you can use :-)

At the risk of starting up a editor holy war, there are many of us out
here that know how to use ed(1), and the extent of vi knowledge is

<ESC>:x

I use emacs on *all* platforms; even back on my Amiga so many years
ago now.  Usually, ed is used to build an emacs; it's much easier on
FreeBSD system since you can just use pkg_add and you're done.

Solutions which presume that FreeBSD users will have to attend the
editor re-education camps will not be appreciated.

If you are seriously looking at replacing ee with an editor which may
be useful beyond the installation process, then you ought to look at
pico.

louie