Date:      Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:33:21 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <Don@Silver-Lynx.com>
To:        Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NatWest? no thanks

Nils Holland wrote:

> Personally, even when looking at it from a non-technical side, I would
> never trust such a company.

Isn't it absolutely f***ing amazing how many people do?

On a related note (to this, even if not the original thread), I want to
put a plug in for working with kids. I now spend each Friday morning at
a middle school, along with 2 other geeks willing to join me, talking to
kids about computing and PCs and BSD, and our topics range from whether
"grey" is right or wrong to BSD vs Doze, to religion, sex, and all kinds
of other things. If anybody is still following this thread, I highly
recommend it for _mutual benefit_ for anyone interested in advocacy or
even learning more about themselves. I have found (and my compatriots
also) that I am better at my normal work AFTER EVERY SESSION, because
explaining what I do makes me examine it for myself. Try it, you like
it!
--
Don Wilde           http://www.Silver-Lynx.com
Silver Lynx   Embedded Microsystems Architects