Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:04:10 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Ju Ichi <freebsd-security@ichi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Administrivia: Discussion - Making this list subscriber-only

> As I believe someone else already suggested, a weekly or monthly automated
> message to the list that sets out guidelines may be a good idea.  IMHO, most
> peole mean well, they just don't know.  The first thing though is to figure
> out what is acceptable to the majority of the active list members and get it
> in a short, readable format.  If there are things that *must* not be sent to
> this list then document them.  If there are things that just *should* not be
> sent to the list then document them that way as well.  Then fight your major
> battles over the things that have been documented as "*must* not happen".
> See what I mean?

I think we have violent agreement :-).

All we need now as a FAQ.

All readers to this list, HEAR YE!

I'll spend some time coming up with the next step. Other folks, please come
up with whatever signal needs to be added to the monthly reminder.

Remember, Process not Conclusion.
All things are mutable :-)

o       Mark Murray
\_
O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn