Date:      Thu, 08 Nov 2001 21:00:29 -0600
From:      "Daniel J Cain Jr." <djcain@morpheus.oss.uswest.net>
To:        "Henry smith" <getzz11@yahoo.com>
Cc:        djcain@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NATD question

> #ipfw list
>   00001 allow ip from any to any
>   00050 divert 8668 ip from any to any

Here I would think ipfw should match rule 1 and stop looking, never getting to
rule 50.  Moving rule 1 to rule 51(if not removing) should get you closer to
what you want.

> ==== Windows Configuration ====
>
> *** Obtain an IP address automatically

Here you would need to have dhcpd set up and running on your FreeBSD box to
give your windows box an address auto-magically.  Or set up your windows box
to have an unused IP in the same subnet as your xl1 interface with a default
gateway of xl1 (192.168.1.1).