Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 2016 15:58:42 +0000
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        David Marec <david.marec@davenulle.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [ZFS] files in a weird situtation

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 11:25:41PM +0100, David Marec wrote:
> On 17.12.2016 22:15, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> >
> > You have a directory entry pointing at a freed inode (or zfs equivalent).
>
> ZFS may have mapped this inode  that points to nowhere. That makes sense.
>
> In this case, what should be the best solution to clean this up ?
>
> As I said, as far scrubbing the pool didn't show any error, it didn't
> solve the issue.

Have you tried deleting the /lib directory, or at least renaming it to
/lib.bad (or something similar)?

You'll need to boot from a rescue disc or boot single user with /rescue/sh
as your shell, and then reinstall /lib from known good media (or
"make installworld" in /usr/src)

That may leave problems in the ZFS metadata still, but it should (in theory)
let you continue using the system

Gary

P.S. I haven't tried any of this myself so be careful