Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 96 14:19:23 MET
From:      Greg Lehey <lehey.pad@sni.de>
To:        gcrutchr@nightflight.com (Gary Crutcher)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (Hackers; FreeBSD)
Subject:   Re: telnet question

> I have occasionally have a telnet session stop displaying characters. It
> only occurs if I do man <some topic>, and while viewing the manpages, press
> CTRL-C to exit. From that point on telnet works, but no chars display.
>
> Any ideas of what the problem might be?

Sounds like your terminal settings are left screwed up.  You shouldn't
be able to exit man with Ctrl-C: what pager are you using?

In any case, this is almost certainly not a telnet problem, though
possibly it happens during telnet sessions because you have your
termcaps set up incorrectly.  Try:

  stty sane

and see if the echo comes on again for the next input.

Greg