Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:05:40 -0500
From:      Rod Person <roddierod@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Parallel@FreeBSD.ORG, Port@FreeBSD.ORG, Scanning@FreeBSD.ORG, and@FreeBSD.ORG, SANE@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Parallel port scanning and SANE (Sorry forgot the subject 1st time)!

Does anyone know how to or been successful in getting sane to recognize a
parallel port scanner. I have an HP 5100c. I have add /dev/ppi0 to my
hp.conf and as the man page says I added the line connect-ptal, but I get
an error that sane was not compile with that flag, but I have been
unsuccessful in try to find the syntax to pass that flag when I make the
port. If I leave the connect-ptal out of the config file I get no device
error.

any suggestions at all?

Rod

roddierod@yahoo.com
http://geocities.com/roddierod/osbeef.htm
"I'm a character in a world gone wrong!"
	- Entombed - Returning to Madness