Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:59:42 +0100
From:      Marc =?iso-8859-1?q?L=F6rner?= <marc.loerner@hob.de>
To:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with more cpus than MAXCPU

Hello,
on booting a montecito machine with sources from 7.0-Release-p3
I get an Page-Not-Present fault in vcnt on access of pcpu-struct.
I think this is because of mp_ncpus being the real core number of the machine
(ia64_count_cpus) and mp_maxid being the cores used (also number of
pcpu-structs malloced in pcpu-struct).

Also I think (on comparing to other architectures and usage in vcnt) that
mp_ncpus should be the number of real active cores with malloced pcpu.

So my quick-fix was to put following line after
"mp_maxid = min(mp_ncpus, MAXCPU) - 1;":
mp_ncpus = mp_maxid + 1;

Regards,
Marc Loerner