Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:22:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Geff Hanoian <boing@boing.com>
To:        msmith@FreeBSD.ORG (Mike Smith)
Cc:        boing@boing.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fbsdboot.exe can't load elf kernels

> > Like, if I am required by the hardware (for whatever reason) to boot off of
> > a FAT16 partition with a 'Command.com' type thing, wouldn't the fbsdboot.exe
> > allow me to still boot a bsd kernel.  Where as if I must install the boot
> > loader, I might not even be able to get the boot loader to show up on the
> > hardware disk emulator.
> >
> > Does that make sense?
>
> It sounds like a contrived hypothetical example.  Would you care to share
> a real-world example with us?

Mike,

	I did the research a few months ago.  One manufacturer actually wanted
to sell us a compiler to install a "DOS thing" according the sales person.
I don't remember the models, etc.  I'll look it up at some point.  Maybe some
embedded experts could lend a hand?  I'm defintely an embedded beginner.
It could have been my lack of understanding and the salesperson's lack of
technical knowledge / communication skills.

Geff