Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:10:00 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        twuersch <twuersch@rocketmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel compile problem

On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 08:19:00AM -0700, twuersch wrote:

> I'm a new FreeBSD user and not very experienced with
> UNIX-style operating systems. However I tried to build
> an optimized kernel by following the instructions in the
> FreeBSD handbook. After changing the configuration File,
> "config" and "make depend" worked fine. But "make" stopped
> after a few seconds with a screen full of error messages
> referring to scsi things (i.e. "dpt_scsi.o(.text+0x1692):
> undefined reference to 'xpt_bus_deregister'").

> I think I disabled all SCSI devices in the kernel
> configuration file because I've got no SCSI devices in my
> computer. What did I do wrong and can someone help me?
> Thank you very much.

controller      dpt0
This is the one causing your error messages (it's a DPT RAID controller)

controller      adv0    at isa? port ? cam irq ?
This one is for Advansys SCSI

The 2 below are also SCSI I think, but try re-building your kernel
with just the above 2 commented out first.

controller      isp0

controller      adw0