Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2011 20:35:48 +0000
From:      Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To:        Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sysinstall@freebsd.org, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSDInstall: I want the bikeshed painted plaid

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 12:49:35 -0600
Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org> wrote:

> As those of you who obsessively follow the SVN commit mails may have
> noticed, I recently began work on a new installer, which I have
> tentatively named 'bsdinstall'. You can find the code itself at
> svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/user/nwhitehorn/bsdinstall and a wiki page
> describing it at http://wiki.freebsd.org/BSDInstall.

You may want to reconsider having single large distfiles: people still
want to do ftp installs over dialup and having chunks of around 10MB or
so would allow downloads to be re-tried if the connection fails.
Some people think modern FreeBSD releases shouldn't be installed on
anything other than modern hardware and technologies (i.e. broadband),
but I disagree.

--
Bruce Cran