Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:52:47 -0400
From:      "Haulmark, Chris" <chris@sigd.net>
To:        "Michael Nottebrock" <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>, <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: KDE Front End for mPlayer

Someone broke the silence:=20

> On Friday, 22. October 2004 05:50, Haulmark, Chris wrote:
>=20
>> Do not include the version number when you use either pkg_update or
>> portupgrade.  Instead, just do like this:
>>=20
>> pkg_update openldap
>> portupgrade openldap
>>=20
>> If there are more than one versions, it'll ask you yes or no for each
>> version.
>=20
> This is simply wrong (for openldap*). Please try out your suggestions
> yourself before mailing them...

Of course, those were intended to be an example of how to eliminate the =
use of version numbers as part of the given arg to either tools.

pkg_update was my only mistake as it is removed.  pkg_add is what I =
meant.

Perhaps, it would been best for you to point out that there are several =
different openldap packages instead of opting to respond and correct my =
lack of explanations considering the fact there are different openldap =
packages available.

--
Chris Haulmark
System Admin. Freelancer