Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:31:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Xi Liu <xliu99@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can not install FreeBSD 6.1 on a RAID1 SATA array (Dell power edge S420)

I have a Dell PowerEdge SC420 with the CERC
SATA 2S RAID.  When the server boots, the Adaptec
utility tells me that I have one array configured, a
RAID 1 with 2 drives.  However, when I launch the 6.1
installer and go to Allocate Disk Space options, it
sees two drives rather than the single RAID array.
The two drives it sees are ad4 and ad6.

According to FreeBSD 6.1 harware notes (see below):

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.1R/hardware-amd64.html#DISK

the aac driver does support "Dell CERC SATA RAID 2".

Does anyone have successful experience to share?

Thanks,
Xi