Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 16:34:11 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Driver for D-Link DWL-650 card? [encryption now working]

At 04:20 PM 7/15/2001, Nick Sayer wrote:

>?!?!
>
>A friend of mine is using FreeBSD with PPPoE and has been for quite some time now without any problems at all (he's running 4.3-RELEASE). What are you seeing?

The client caused kernel panics when used with an fxp adapter. I switched to an
ed adapter, and it now works, BUT.... If the connection is interrupted for more
than about half a minute (e.g. if you unplug the client), the client's PPP
process locks up and won't reconnect.

I've encountered this and so has Olivier Robert (pardon me if I've spelled
his name incorrectly). The bug seems to be in Netgraph or perhaps in
the interaction with the NIC drivers.

--Brett