Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:51:04 +0200
From:      Thomas Quinot <thomas@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, wpaul@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: yppush going into an endless loop

* Thomas Quinot, 2004-10-19 :

> On a 5.2.1-REL NIS server where NIS maps are updated every hour from a
> crontab, I often see yppush going into an endless loop:

Here is more information. I was able to capture the output of yppush on
one of these occurrences:

yppush: transfer of map netid.byname to server <local-machine> failed
yppush: status returned by ypxfr: Master's version not newer
yppush in malloc(): error: recursive call
yppush: warning: exiting with transfer to <local-machine> (transid = 1098286624) still pending
yppush in free(): error: recursive call
yppush: warning: exiting with transfer to <local-machine> (transid = 1098286624) still pending
yppush in free(): error: recursive call
yppush: warning: exiting with transfer to <local-machine> (transid = 1098286624) still pending
yppush in free(): error: recursive call
yppush: warning: exiting with transfer to <local-machine> (transid = 1098286624) still pending
[...]

Something fishy is happening here, maybe the SIGIO handler is called at an
unfortunate time. I'll patch around yppush to get a core dump at that point.

Thomas.

--
    Thomas.Quinot@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG