Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:42:17 -0600
From:      "J.D. Bronson" <jbronson@wixb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.9 vs 5.2 halt

I have a new IBM server (P4-3.06 with HT) and with 4.9REL, when I type in
'halt' - the machine stops and then when I hit the power button, it shuts
off immediately.

On 5.2 (with all defaults and booting ACPI) - when I type in 'halt' - the
machine stops...but:

1. the CPU gets really hot quite fast (why??)
2. the power button has to be held in for 4 secs to power off the machine

Is this by design and if so -is there a way to put this back to the 4.9 style?

thanks-

--
J.D. Bronson - "LoneBandit"
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA