Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 20:15:39 -0700
From:      Tony Jones <tony@ermintrude.sunquest.com>
To:        HMG coA reductase <s_koyin@eduserv.its.unimelb.EDU.AU>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: screen lock up problem (2.1-stable)

> G'day. Yes, i have an S3-805 and got the same thing before. happened when
> i tried a Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to the vty. blank screen, beep at every
Screen was dead in my case when I arrived at work, before I did anything.

> what i did was, go through the X startup messages and find out which of
> the displays (whatever you call it, those lines full of hsync and vsync
Already did this, it was one of the first things I did when I installed
FreeBSD a few months back (like my XF86Config to be as minimal as possible)

The following is my 1024x768 Modeline, maybe it is somehow causing the
card problems.

tony

Modeline "1024x768"    65    1024 1048 1192 1344   768  771  777  806 -hsync -vs
ync