Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:17:17 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Wm. Daryl Hawkins" <dhawkins@tamu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel i8xx watchdog driver

Wow, this is great!  I tried it out on a few RELENG_4 boxes and it
works as expected=20

wdog0 on motherboard
isab0: Found Intel 82801DB watchdog device

Are there any plans to incorporate this into the 5.x and 4.x source
tree ?   This would be useful to a lot of people.

	---Mike

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:54:38 -0600, in sentex.lists.freebsd.hackers
you wrote:

>I've written a driver and userland daemon for the Intel i8xx TCO =
watchdog timer.  This is my first driver and it's only seen limited =
testing, so proceed with caution!  I've tested it with 4.9 and 5.2.1 on a=
 Supermicro P4SGE motherboard and would be grateful for any suggestions, =
comments, bug reports, or complaints!  :)  If there is sufficient =
interest (and once I've gotten some comment on the structure and inner =
workings of this driver), I'd also like to write a driver for the =
AMD-8000 series chipset.  You can get the driver at: =
http://freebsd.tamu.edu/wdog/