Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:46:41 +1000
From:      Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        bzeeb+freebsd+lor@zabbadoz.net, Jurgen Weber <jurgen@ish.com.au>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LOR sleepq/scrlock

On 08/04/2008, at 11:59 PM, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 April 2008 04:06:24 am Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>> FreeBSD dash.ish.com.au 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #10
>> i386 with PAE (5Gb RAM)
>>

>> We've had fairly reproducible freezes. After several hours of stress
>> testing or even overnight not doing anything, everything locks up
>> including the console.
>>
>> We then installed a debugging kernel (without INVARIANTS since that
>> prevented the kernel from compiling at all) and obtained this LOR
>> when
>> it froze:
>>
>> LOR:
>> 1st 0x807d3d90 sleepq chain (sleepq chain) @/usr/src/sys/kern/
>> subr_sleepqueue.c:773
>> 2nd 0x807c8110 scrlock (scrlock) @/usr/src/sys/dev/syscons/syscons.c:
>> 2526
>>
>> I have taken photographs of the KDB output following this but have
>> not
>> transcribed it until someone says that it will be useful to them. I
>> could put it up as slightly fuzzy screen photographs on our web site.
>
> The stack trace info would be useful.  A photo would be fine.
>
> --
> John Baldwin

Sorry for the quality, these were the best I could do with the camera
I had:

http://www.ish.com.au/s/LOR/1.jpg
http://www.ish.com.au/s/LOR/2.jpg
http://www.ish.com.au/s/LOR/3.jpg (this overlaps with [2])

Do you have any hunch about what driver/system might be causing this?
Could it be related to the use of PAE? Because if so, I'd be happy to
leave this server accessible somewhere for FreeBSD developers to work
with and go replace it with a new 64bit system tomorrow for our
production use.

Thanks
Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001