Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 10:00:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chuck Rouillard <crouilla@ucsd.edu>
To:        Ben Goodwin <goodwinb@ma.ultranet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Ben Goodwin <u-ben@ma.ultranet.com>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail segfaults; can't bind to socket; won't restart!

[snip]
> I'd been running the may 3.0 snapshot for some time just fine.  Recently
> sendmail and a few other programs decided to start dying on me with sig
> 10's and 11's ... so I decided to upgrade.  I did a fresh install (wiped
  ^^^^^^^^^^^

Although not always, sig 11 is more often than not hardware.  Since you
say "...and a few other programs decided to start dying on me..."  this
seems to reinforce the possibility 'sendmail' has no problem per se.
Moreover, the system as a whole as been running "...for some time..".

[snip]
> Also of interest, I have no other problems (yet, at least) with any other
> programs on the machine.  It's only sendmail.

This is a slight contradiction. :)

> 	-=| Ben

-chuck