Date:      Wed, 12 Oct 2016 09:29:32 -0500
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans91@ksu.edu>
To:        ports-list freebsd <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   qa.sh stripped warning

Hello!

I've got a port with a dozen+ ELF binaries for microcontroller
firmware that I don't think I should be stripping, but qa.sh does not
like this. They're *.elf and *.lib files, so I don't know that adding
these to the general exception of `find` in stripped() is necessarily
a good idea, but it seems like a way to add exceptions for this would
it be a good idea, whether it be through some setting in the port or
on a case-by-case basis in the pkg-plist.. thoughts?

My main concern here is that I don't intend to strip these, but the
comment for stripped() would leave me to believe that there's a chance
these warnings could eventually turn into errors, and I don't want
this to be the case if it's not something that should be stripped.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans