Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 1995 13:26:43 -0600
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cmu snmp for freebsd 2.0

I think this was the group the recent SNMP question was posted (I don't
have the original requestor, and if someone could send it to me, I will
write him in case he was not a regular subscriber).

I questioned the version of CMU that compiles and runs cleanly on FreeBSD
because I don't know any original CMU versions of SNMP that compiles and runs
cleanly on FreeBSD. There were the copies CMU SNMP that I ported and placed
on plains.NoDak.edu (134.129.111.64), but those were for FreeBSD 1.x.

I started yesterday (really) to look at the arp code that needed to be changed
to get the SNMP working on FreeBSD 2.x, and seeing the SNMP request earlier
today was incentive for me to fix the arp code and also change to the
correct kernel name.

I have just completed changes, and I will re-bundle the tar file and place back
it on plains.NoDak.edu later today (I am still looking at a bad kmem read).

--mark.