Date:      18 Feb 2002 19:18:33 -0000
From:      erik@www.smluc.org
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: In-Kernel HTTP Server (name preference)

> hi all,
>
> As to conclude this thread (for me.), I have come to the decision of=20
> actually starting a project for making a BSD Licensed in-kernel HTTPd=20
> server.  The project will be on SourceForge.net.

I, too, have started one of these, already have it loading, but not doing
anything :) merely as an educational tool, I DEMAND that no one abort their
project merely cuz I've started one :) I'd be interested in discussion,
thought sharing, and having parallel friendly projects, but think maybe it
should be moved off this list? I can supply a mailing list or would be happy
to do the cc dealie :)

> As you all know, that when starting a project, a name is needed for
> project; I completely out of ideas, and I have literally no creative
> skills. :)

I've no creativity, mines in my cvs repository as fbsdkhttpd and registering
itself to the kernel as khttpd :) I'm assuming it's safe to use possibly
conflicting names in kernel registration, as it's unlikely someone would load
two different implementations of a khttpd? maybe it'll be useful to an
embedded system developer somewhere (I know my cable modem has a webserver
built in for diagonistics and admin)

<snip>

        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.