Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2015 09:46:36 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nosh version 1.12

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2015-01-17 at 01:25 +0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > On 1/16/15 9:56 AM, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
> > > nosh is now up to version 1.12
> > >
> > > *
> > >
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/Softwares/nosh.html
> > >
> > > As I wrote before:  If you also read the worked example, make sure
> > > that you read all of the way to the bottom.  (-:  If you want to
> > > read more, there's a whole Guide in the package, and lots of manual
> > > pages.
> > >

> > It's all very cool, tough my head rebelled, and told me it's way too
> > late at night, and refused to absorb anything past the first few
> > paragraphs. I'll try again tomorrow :-)
> >

> > You've obviously researched the space a lot and done a lot of
> preparation.
> >
> > I hope the rest of the developers can take this seriously.
>
> Speaking as a developer (but only for myself) I can say that I read
> about 3 or 4 paragraphs of that posting and, not having discovered any
> hint of an answer to the basic question "WTF is nosh?" I moved on.

=E2=80=8BThe very first line in the linked website:
=E2=80=8B    =E2=80=8B
The nosh package is a suite of system-level utilities for initializing and
=E2=80=8B
running a BSD or Linux system, and for managing daemons.

=E2=80=8BGranted, adding that to the e-mail would have been nice.  But, it =
wasn't
hard to figure out what nosh does.  (And I'm not even a developer.)  ;)=E2=
=80=8B

--=20
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com