Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:14:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Strick <strick@covad.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        zera_holladay@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: quiet ATX mid-Towers

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:39:25 -0700 (PDT), zera holladay wrote:

> Hello, I am looking for a very quiet ATX mid-tower and
> I was wondering if anybody has a suggestion or
> recommendation.  My hard disks produce the most
> decibels at the most annoying frequency -- it_s not a
> bad fan.  I am an EE student using FreeBSD, so a quiet
> computer is very important to me.

and on Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:10:20 -0500, Vulpes Velox responded:

> Look around on some case modding and over clocking sites and the like.

When I recently assembled my new PC, I used

	www.silentmaxx.net and
	www.endpcnoise.com and

every other case and fan web site I could discover (e.g. via Google).
They were all commercial (i.e. sales) web sites, but some also offered
general advice on building quiet PCs.

I also recommend searching for quiet-PC articles on the various hardware
guide web sites, particularly www.tomshardware.com.

Dan Strick