Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:47:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      nsayer@quack.kfu.com
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/local/lib/win32

I have successfully created a port for the xmps-win32-plugin stuff.
Actually, I just copied the one for the opendivx plugin and changed
the name, but that's neither here nor there. :-)

This brings up an issue I'm not sure what to do about before committing
the port.

/usr/local/lib/win32 is currently populated by the avifile port. xmps-win32-
plugin uses the codecs but does not use anything else in avifile. This
argues strongly for making the WIN32 codecs into their own port and having
both avifile and the xmps-win32-plugin ports depend on this new child port
(which perhaps should go into the emulators category?).

What does everyone think about this situation?