Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 1995 18:25:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        olsenc@ichips.intel.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AIC 6260?

> I checked out the LINT file and found references for
> support of the 6360/152X, but does this include the
> 6260 as well?
>
> Please respond via email since I'm in indigestable mode.

>From /sys/i386/isa/aic6360.c

        /* Thanks to mark@aggregate.com for the new method for detecting
         * whether the chip is present or not.  Bonus: may also work for
         * the AIC-6260!
         */

Try it and find out.

The 6260 is a very brain damaged chip.  In any case, they don't come with
boot ROMs, so it's unlikely that you will be able to boot any OS using it.

If you are using  one to install FreeBSD onto a second controller, then you
are probably SOL unless you can get DOS to boot off the thing too.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.