Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 07:52:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Jos.Backus@nl.origin-it.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AudioTrix Pro detected but produces no sound :-(

> just to clarify: this patch brings dmabuf.c in sync with that is in
> snd980607, which seems to work fine for me on 2.2.6 with opti931,
> CS4237, and Vibra16X on all the machines i have tried. i suspect there
> might be some issue in the interatcion of the sound driver with -current
> (see my previous message), rather than in the driver itself.

For what it's worth, I agree 110%. On the opti931 and snap19980804, the
snd0607 driver blows up in the most horrendeous way. I have written or
experimented  on it, because I can't quite put it in good "technical"
prose.. Something along the lines, SND_F_READING/SND_F_WRITING also is
broken (similar to the driver that is shipped with the snap), but also the
audio being transmitted is ONLY noise and much higher rate than it is
supposed to be..

Since the driver shipped with the snap only had this control-c/flags
clearing/mask problem, but otherwise worked it seemed the best way for a
"quick", but getting snd0607 to work under the snap would be a lot
better.

Comments?

Bernie