Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:08:24 +0300
From:      Kyryll A Mirnenko <mirya@ukrpost.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Viewing *.chm files

  Can anybody point me to an application capable to view such files (or
extract them into HTMLs)? For those asking what I'm talking about: *.chm is a
MSWindows format to keep a set of HTMLs & related info (content tree, index)
in one compressed package. The Microsoft's util dealing with this format
(`hh.exe`) uses MSIExplorer interface to display the chapters, but the
problem I face is I can't make the last one work (using `wine`). A great
shelf of MSWindows-related (not only) docs is in this format (MSDN lib is an
example). The solution is an extractor (rendering the index & content tree
into 2 HTMLs would be nice feature) or alternative chm-browser based on other
browsers (Mozilla, Konqueror, Opera, Galeon, etc.)