Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 1996 23:32:08 -0400
From:      Rip Toren Rpt <rpt@miles.sso.loral.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ?? VLB SCSI and DX/4-133

Oh SCSI Wizards....
  I have been tearing out my hair (what little is left)
trying to replace my DX/2-66 motherboard with a DX/4-133.
 The bios boot hanges when The first disk acces should be
taking place. This is with a BusLogic BT445C SCSI controller.
The only cmos setting that works is to disable the internal
cache in the cpu (makes it a lot slower...).

But there is a niggling thought that says I read something in hackers that indicated
VLB controller got flakier as the cpu speed went up.

  ? > Has anyone used this controller at higher speeds??
  ? > If not, and I have to replace the controller, what is known to work?
  ? > Is it time to bit the bullet and go to PCI? There seem to be a lot of campatibility
       issues with PCI, nicht var?

Rip Toren
rpt@miles.sso.loral.com