Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 17:48:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "Thomas F. Keefe" <keefe@cse.psu.edu>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: timeouts with adaptec 1742

I originally wrote that driver, but I
1/ don't have one any more
2/ haven't looked at for a long time..

I'm not sure if you can compile kernels elsewhere..
if you can, can you make one with the scsi debug option turned on,
(man 4 scsi)
options SCSIDEBUG
then in scsi_debug.h set DEBUGTARG and DEBUGLUN
to the LUN and target of the device giving problems.

this shoul ddump ou tevery SCSI commnad as it is sent etc.
then let us know what's up