Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:18:20 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Security How-To (Was: QPopper exploit)

On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 02:52:19PM -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> The discussion of ssh clients for *other* operating systems
> probably does not need to continue on freebsd-security, or
> at the very least, not under this particular subject/thread...

I disagree. Until everyone accessing my system has a suitable ssh
client, I cannot make my system as secure as I'd like it. The lack of
clients for other operating systems has been a big headache here.

While extended discussions about them are out of place, I am grateful
to have received this new information, including about which clients
will best encourage users to comply with my request to use only ssh.

All I need now is something to recommend for OS/2 and telnet gets
ditched.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-