Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:44:15 +0100 (BST)
From:      jason+freebsd@kanda.com
To:        "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@umbc.edu>
Cc:        Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPNAT and internal webserver

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, G. Jason Middleton wrote:

> THE PROBLEM IS AS FOLLOWS:
>
> I have ipnat.rules that look like this
>
> map ep0 10.0.0.0/24  -> 68.55.205.182/32
> rdr ep0 68.55.205.182/32 port 80 -> 10.0.0.2 port 80 tcp
>
> I can connect to my internal webserver with this, however when I click
> the login button I see in the status bar of IE or OPERA connecting to
> host 10.0.0.2 (I am using PHPgroupware).  So what I am saying here is that
> I can connect initially but when I click login I get nothing.

Have a look through your PHP apps config files, its most likely asked you
for a URL and you've probably entered: http://10.0.0.2/myphpapp/ or
something.  When this application generates pages it will be including
this in the full URL.

To work round it you can try setting this to just /myphpapp/ or maybe set
it to your external IP address if this still works on the internal
network.

Jason.