Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:55:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      James Howard <howardjp@well.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Proposal:  FreeBSD hosting cooperative

I've been looking around and Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP hosting sites are a
dime a dozen.  What I really want is a FreeBSD/Apache/PostgreSQL/PHP
hosting site.  Looking around, I've not seen anyone offering this service
and nothing comes close in the $10/month price range all the LAMP sites
offer.

A few companies, such as 800hosting.com and RackSpace offer FreeBSD
dedicated hosting, but at $99/month, this is a bit steep especially when
all I need is something to host email and a couple small databases.

Therefore, I propose a FreeBSD hosting cooperative.  I think a few capable
FreeBSD administrators could offer up $200-$300 dollars to cover start up
and resell the remaining space.  It probably would not turn a major
profit, but it will probably pay for itself.

So, I write now asking if anyone is interested.

Thank you, James

--

James Howard
howardjp@well.com