Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:18:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Banschbach <mrbear37@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   installation headaches

Greetings !

 I have an old.. 386 which has 4 megs of RAM.. I have
been attempting for the last number of days to install
FreeBSD on this computer and with limited success..
I have tried both the Linux DD install and the DOS
FDIMAGE install and have gotten the same results both
times. Here is what happens:

  The first floppy loads.. then propts for the second
floppy.  the second floppy finishes loading and after
that loads I get a prompt that says hit ENTER to
reboot or any other key for a command prompt or wait X
seconds and the computer will reboot automatically.

  Now, if I wait and let it boot.. it boots back into
DOS. If I hit ENTER it boots to DOS, if I hit any
other key I will get a prompt that says OK.. and I can
hit "?" and get a list of commands.. listing modules..
and a load utility ls.. and a few others.. but that is
it !  what do I do ??

Your Help would be immensely appreciated !

Mark
MrBear37@yahoo.com