Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:54:48 +0200
From:      Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@techwires.net>
To:        "Denise H. G." <darcsis@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Andreas Nilsson <andrnils@gmail.com>, Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: What driver should I use for 'intel centrino wireless-N 2200 BGN'?

On Wednesday 10 October 2012 15:51:24 Denise H. G. wrote:
> [...]

No, not yet. I'm having a hard figuring out the new firmware API for
those new devices. Working on it..

> >> I tried to add some device ids into the source code of the drivers, but
> >> with no luck. Maybe I am doing it the wrong way.
> >
> > The card ID in the code is 4220 and yours has is 4222. Edit
> > /sys/dev/iwi/if_iwi.c and add:
> >         { 0x8086, 0x4222, "Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG" },
> >  after line 123.

Note the tiny difference in here ;)

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG
vs.
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200 BGN

There are like 10 years in between. :)

Just to clarify, the 0x4222 is for iwn(4), adding the IDs there is the
first step, followed by a new firmware module and some glue code.

I already thought about adding just the firmware but not the IDs yet,
for others to tinker with. Issue is that this would generate
regressions with already working cards, eg. 6230. So, eventually..
just not yet.

--
Bernhard