Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:10:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jeff <jeff@CC602670-A.flrtn1.occa.home.com>
To:        scrappy@hub.org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, iratus@home.com
Subject:   Re: Printer setup under FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE (vs Solaris)

Reply To: iratus@home.com

> At work, I'm primarily a Solaris shop, which slow inroads being made

> towards getting *some* staff to play with/use FreeBSD.  After using
> FreeBSD for half a decade now, I *still* have a problem with using printer
> stuff under FreeBSD, and am wondering if anyone is/has worked on improving
> this, or if there is a printer replacement package that can be installed?
>
> All our printers are "remote printers", and under Solaris, to set this up,
> its a simple:

> And you are done...
>
> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Hello Mr. Fournier-I am NOT an expert at printing in any way but have
used LPNG which is designed to be used as an lpr replacement  with
better security for networked printers-My only experience with it was
to set up printer sharing between three workstations and it worked as
advertised. Hope this may be of some small help.  Jeff Phillips