Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:33:05 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@tix.ch>, "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>, net@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zero copy code checkin in 2 days, new snapshot

* Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com> [020624 10:24] wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Andre Oppermann wrote:
>
> > Mike Silbersack wrote:
> > > Cool, thttpd / others should benefit greatly then.
> >
> > The last time I checked thttpd didn't even use sendfile(2). It does
> > use accf_http(9). Maybe kqueue(2) could speed it up further.
> >
> > --
> > Andre
>
> I thought that thttpd used kqueue (as of recent versions), and write()s
> from mmap'd files.  I could be wrong, of course.  (The program seems to
> evolve relatively quickly.)

I submitted some patches to use sendfile(2) that weren't accepted
for some reason.  It's not too hard, you just have to adjust the code
not to close(2) the descriptors and make the mmap() function a stub
type thing.

really out of date...
http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/thttpd/thttpd-sendfile-acceptfilter.diff

--