Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 13:52:41 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Thomas Keusch <thomas@members.ping.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.shutdown - how is it supposed to work?

On Mon, 06 Dec 1999 09:29:08 +0100, Thomas Keusch wrote:

> today I rebooted my FreeBSD 3.2R server after 70 days of uptime.
> In /etc/rc.shutdown I have commands to cleanly shut down squid and
> innd, but after the reboot I noticed these commands have not been run.

Yep, that's a known issue with 3.2-RELEASE, fixed in rev 1.16.2.1 of
src/sbin/shutdown/shutdown.c .  If you track STABLE, update your source
tree to a recent RELENG_3 and ``make world''.

This problem does not exist in 3.3-RELEASE.

You can find out about updating your sources in the online FreeBSD
Handbook:

	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cutting-edge.html

Ciao,
Sheldon.