Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 15:48:12 -0600 (GMT-0600)
From:      Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez <victor@usac.edu.gt>
Subject:   IRC server operation...

Hi!

At last, and thanks to the kind help of Tim Vanderhoek, I have ircd
version 2.9.1p16 running on my FreeBSD 2.1.5 box. Now, I have a couple of
questions about server functions (I am an IRC newbie... if there is a more
appropiate list for these questions, please let me know).

1. My users want to create channels which are kept alive by the server
   indefinitely. They say that ussualy this is accomplished by giving a
   channel a "+f" mode or something like that, but with this server it
   does not work. Any ideas?

2. When an operator kicks out a user, that user is automatically un-kicked
   by the server, unless a ban is applied also. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Victor Carranza
University of San Carlos
Guatemala