Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 13:17:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, Domingo Siliceo <dsiliceo@adam.es>
Subject:   Re: Opinions?

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Seriously, NT looks attractive from a single-user standpoint, I'll
> give it full marks for that, but once you try and put together even

Depends on who's paying!  I decided to replace the DOS/Win3.1 partition
on my office computer and considered Windows95, OS/2, and NT as options;
they'll all run my dos wordprocessor and Excel 5.0, but I also wanted
whatever I chose to run a web server with files duplicating the ones
that are on FreeBSD.

NT: workstation version won't run a web server, must get server
version.  $400+ for workstation, $600+ for server, with academic
discount.

OS/2:  I already own OS/2 Warp but to run web server must have
OS/2 Warp Connect; Connect package doesn't come as add-on, so
this is $129 or so (again with discount).

Win95: I already own this also, but "Plus!" package needed to run
web server.  $49.95.  The winner.  Anyway, the Plus! pack has
six sheets of great wallpaper, and I love wallpaper.  Found a free
web server that runs on Win95 somewhere on the web and installed it
with minimal pain.

				Annelise