Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 1997 07:45:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        scrappy@hub.org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mmap() updates...how often?

> Hi...
>
> 	Not quite sure how to word this one, but how often does
> an mmap() region get updated, in so far as client processes seeing
> the data that the server process writes to it?

(You see 20 frames pass before the client process runs)

Duh.  Ignore my previous message - I should read carefully before
writing.

You're seeing the scheduling granularity.  The originator process
is running for twenty frames before its slice is taken away.  You
need to do something to let those clients run, or better, give the
SMP folk a workout.  See my last message about passing a token
around to ensure everyone runs.

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.               Voice: 508 433 6936