Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:26:48 +0100
From:      Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
To:        Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>
Cc:        Laurent LEVIER <llevier@argosnet.com>
Subject:   Re: Ports with duplicate LATEST_LINKS

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:15:40PM -0800, Cy Schubert wrote:
# In message <6.0.1.1.2.20040217204419.01e2a170@213.30.158.180>, Laurent
# LEVIER w
# rites:
# > Hi Gentlemen,
# >
# > It is really a brute force attack tool to obtain passwords.
# > A password cracker (as Crack, John the Ripper, ...) but oriented to work
# > over the network.
# >
# > Hydra does password cracking against SMB (Windows), telnet, POP/IMAP, FTP, ..
# > .
# > It does dictionnary attacks as simple password generation algorithms.
# >
# > I use that in my company to evaluate passwords quality when I am not
# > granted to crack the passwords directly from the box.
# > If I succeed, bad point for the box owner ;-)
#
# Should I commit the following patch to correct the wording?

[s/Bruce/Brute]

I'd say yes. While googling turns up some "bruce force" password
cracker tools, the unpacked hydra port turns up nothing when grepped with

hydra/work/hydra-2.2 # find . -type f|xargs egrep -i bruce

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/