Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:17:07 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odd install problem with the latest 4.0-current snap

I'm trying to install the 4.0-19990324 snapshot on a new machine.  I'm
finding that two things are going odd.  First is that the ex driver
isn't working at all (I can literally take the EtherPro card that is
in this machine and put it in the machine I'm typing on now and the
kernel will find it in the latter case, but not the former).  I can't
seem to get the boot blocks to allow me to say -v to get more
information from the install kernel.

Second, I have a UltraStor 14F which is jumpered to look like a
UltraStor 12F (which is WD1003 compatible).  The number of sectors
that is reported by the kernel is way off (it says I have a 3.76G disk
when in fact it is a 2G disk).  Is there any way to force the kernel
to change its mind about a disk?  From the install program?

Thanks for any help that you can provide...

Warner