Date:      Mon, 05 Aug 1996 21:01:22 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Steve Ames <steve@cioeserv.cioe.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Token Ring Support

Steve Ames wrote in message ID
<199608051606.LAA11750@cioeserv.cioe.com>:
> > Please feel free to write TR support for us :-)

> Translation: Use Linux for this one. Got it.

The problem is that none of the core developers (that I am aware of)
have access to TR networks, so support for TR isn't very easy for us
to do. If someone who DOES have access to a TR network and wants
support for TR in FreeBSD, I suggest they contact hackers@freebsd.org
(or core@freebsd.org at a push) and offer to help, as without outside
help, this is going to be a sticking point.

(I myself only use 10bT/100bT ethernet and sync. serial at work, and I
would have a hard time justifying getting a TR testbed just for me to
play with)

Gary