Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:29:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Squires <mikes@ct980320-b.blmngtn1.in.home.com>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Mike Squires <mikes@ct980320-b.blmngtn1.in.home.com>
Subject:   Inbound connections to NT4 Server behind FreeBSD natd/firewall

I use a FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE box as a firewall/natd gateway for my home
network.  I have an NT 4 Server running IIS4/FP 4.0 extensions and Oracle
8.1.6 behind that firewall.

The internal network uses non-routing IP numbers; the external network is
@home's.

I would like to temporarily make the NT4 server accessible for connections
initiated by outside users for a development project, but can't figure
out any easy way of doing that.  Outbound connections are, of course, a
piece of cake.

The only solution I can think of would be to map the inbound connections to
http and FP to the NT4 server in the firewall script, but this would seem to
be dangerous given my low opinion of NT4 in a DMZ environment.

Mike Squires