Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:21:31 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        lev@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] Install world with external toolcahin: need add STRIPBIN to IMAKEENV

On Mar 19, 2014, at 4:42 AM, Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hello, Freebsd-current.
>=20
> To make "make installworld" successfull with external toolchain (with
> WITHOUT_BINUTILS-built world) we need to have STRIBIN, pointing to
> working "strip" in environment, or "install -s" will fail.

Assuming you meant STRIPBIN here...

> Does attached patch looks good?

Yes. This looks good to my eye. I have a very similar change in my tree
from a while ago where I tried to get external toolchain support working
with non-clang compilers. I=92ll have to go find that tree=85

So please go ahead and commit this if you don=92t get any objections...

> Unfortunately, "STRIP" variable is occuped by "-s" flag :(

A historical accident=85 but one we=92re rather stuck with...

Warner