Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:02:58 +0000
From:      "Joseph Harth" <jcharth@masswire.com>
To:        abial@korin.warman.org.pl
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   picobsd and etherboot

Hi Andrzej,
   I have freebsd4.7, i setup a diskless box a couple of days ago, i am using
etherboot and picobsd. I had a hard time understanding the rc files so i went
with oini. I compiled the pico release with the ehterboot tags, and i had to
replace the pico bsd kernel with my kernel because there were some missing
options that were freezing my box. i copied the picobsd root system in the
/tftpboot folder. i am mount the nfs drives in the oinit file. so far it works
but the devices are readonly because etherboot is mounting my root file system
as readonly. when i start x my box freezes, and i get fatal error 12 and then
it reboots. I hope you have some time of to answer some questions.
what could be the cause of this, is it becaue the devices are readonly?
is there a way to modify this?
can i mount device from nfs so i can write to them? what would be the best way
to deal with this? oinit.rc?
whereis the path variable set in oinit pico bsd? i modify it, in the rc files
but i keep getting the /stand/;/sbin/bin path.
 could it be the oinit does not like X?
  I like pico bsd very much, i hope the new realeases have something with
etherboot, it truly made it easier to set it up this way.  I will be getting a
pxe card soon, to but up with netboot.

thanks for your time.