Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:48:32 -0500
From:      "Cecil" <ceco108@gimail.af.mil>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   (no subject)

Thanks for all the comments but I must not be doing something right! Here's outline of the install process=
=2E

1=2E Partition a single 40GB harddrive using FDISK and make the FreeBSD partition Activ=
2=2E Set the second partition as DOS fat ->> install Win2K in the Dos partition ->> then doing the install I think it formats the DOS partition to fat32 and overwrites the MBR for FreeBS=
3=2E The Win2K come up without giving a choice of OS to boot into ->> copy boot0 from the FreeBSD disk onto the Win2K C:\bootFBSD and modify the B boot=2Eini file ->> I reboot and there is recgnized OS to be foun=

and I have followed these step after that

FreeBSD offers a simple boot manager that is placed in the first sector=20
of your hard disk=2E It is called boot0=2E You can install easily:

- boot FreeBSD
- allow to write the first sector:
sysctl kern=2Egeom=2Edebugflags=3D16
- install the boot manager
boot0cfg -B /dev/ad0
- reboot

Now I am still unable to choose between the operating systems=2E

You can also boot from the FreeBSD CD (disc1) and choose "Fixit" ->=20
"CD/CDROM"=2E In this case you can skip the second step=2E

I not getting something right even with book in hand=2E

Thanks=20