Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:31:48 -0600
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   read-only flag on disk, somewhere?

   Hi gang,

	I used /stand/sysinstall to partition, label and mkfs an
   additional SCSI disk in my machine. I also allowed it to start
   installing from the distribution CD before killing /stand/sysinstall.
   (I did this because I can't figure out how to get mkfs to happen
   otherwise...)

	Anyway, the "a" slice seems to have a read-only bit hidden
   in it somewhere. I have tried to mount it as both /tmp and /var,
   and both times I have been unable to write in this directory as
   a not-root user. Permissions are the same as the original directory
   from what I can tell, so all I can figure is there is a hidden
   flag somewhere.

						In need of a clue,
							Bruce